Tuesday, March 18, 2014

DeMolay Legion of Honor Dinner


For the first time in several years, I was able to attend the LOH ceremony in my own area (where I was Dean in 2002). For several years while I was the Executive Officer, I tried to attend observances from around the state in addition to my own and since then I've had conflicts where Cincinnati's observance fit better into my schedule (they moved their observance to the Sunday closest to March 18th as their attendance was almost tripled by doing this change.). I is really good to have an opportunity on the 700 anniversary of the burning at the stake of DeMolay to meet in my own LOH Preceptory. PGM C. Michael Watson was present as were several LOH recipients and DeMolay's. We had a nice dinner and then we attempted to watch the live feed from France at the site where DeMolay was martyred 700 years ago but the technical part didn't agree to well so Sam Crawford did the Ceremony of Light and we all went home.


No comments:

Post a Comment