Friday, March 21, 2014

Adoniram Council #131 SEM

Tonight was the Council Super Excellent Master Degree for my Council in Miamisburg. I was really excited to see around 45 of our own members present to not only do the SEM degree but also the old pre-opening which I don't think is done anywhere in the state. I also think we had around 25-30 visitors. I helped represent the Chapter in the pre-opening and did the Nebuchadnezzar part in the degree. Prior to the SEM we had our traditional fish dinner (which is what I think brings in the visitors as well as some of our members) which was excellent. For the past few years our Illustrious Master Mac Polston has provided the fish from fishing trips he has made to Lake Erie. We do all the parts with members of our Council and if I do say so myself I think one of the best portrayals in the state.While we have persons who have been doing their parts for nearly 40 years in the degree (and I would say most of the major parts the members have been doing for around 15+ years...I've been doing mine for right about 30 years) We are working hard to get back-ups for all the major parts and if possible put together a whole second cast. I would say within a year or so we may have a back-up for all the major parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment