Friday, January 25, 2013

Toronto Chapter 221 Inspection


Wondering if I made a wise choice!!!
 
Tonight was the inspection for Toronto Chapter #221 in the 15th District in the Most Excellent Master Degree. Due to the weather situation this was a last minute decision whether I would go or not. The deciding factor was this might be my only opportunity to go to this District during this Grand Chapter year and if I want to make each District every year I am given the privilege to serve in Grand Chapter, I needed to go tonight. (I'm now down to the 2nd, 16th missed last Friday due to illness, 19th and 20th left this year and still have multiple opportunities in each of these districts to make an Inspection) And actually, I was still determining my final destination by the road conditions as to if I actually made Toronto or stopped short and went to the Chapter inspection at Millersburg. The roads proved good enough to brave it through to Toronto, Ohio. They had 3 candidates Denver Thompson and a father/son combo Doug and Eric Cunningham. Before the  meeting I talked for a while with Robert Holsinger who is a PDDGM and just received his 50 yr pin in Chapter. He told me he loved Chapter but was losing his ability to remember anything. We then went upstairs and he proceeded to do the High Priest in the Most Excellent Master Degree including the parts which are sometimes read by a reader. So much for a memory loss! He also showed me his award for the York Rite College (Equivalent to the Earl C.Gifford Award in Chapter) which is only one of two ever given in Ohio. They gave me some good food before sending me on my way back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment