Monday, February 17, 2014

Painesville Council #104 Inspection

The night started out as a nice leisurely trip to Painesville, however, I had a short call for work. Since I use the hands free and headset, I thought no problem. Well almost 2 hours later and a couple of message I needed to send for work, I was almost to Mansfield. So much for the leisurely drive. The rest of the drive up went without incident or weather. I got to the Inspection and the Grand Illustrious Master Robert Rinehart was in attendance along with the DDC from the 7th District who I met Saturday as he was inspecting Hamilton Commandery. The inspection went well and the work was very good. 7 Arch's down and two to go. However, the drive home was a little less than desirable. It had started to snow and snow and (you get the picture). The normal 4 hour drive took over 5 hours and I had to stop once to get gas and a drink and rest my nerves for a couple of minutes before going back to the drive. For the first 3 hours we never went over 45 MPH on the highway and most of the time was spent under 40 MPH. But I made it home safely and actually other than a rouge semi which almost took myself and another semi out as he crossed 3 lanes, my biggest problem was on my street which was a sheet of ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment