Saturday, December 14, 2013

Antioch Shrine & HRAKTP Elections/Annual Meetings

Scott Lipps being nominated by his father Kenny Lipps
Today I was hoping for the weather to cooperate despite the predictions of doom and gloom by the various weathermen. I got up and it appeared they were right and as I headed to the Shrine it looked as if the day was getting worse quickly as the drivers side windshield wiper stopped working right about half way to the Shrine. The meeting went fairly smooth with our Potentate elect being Scott Lipps (who I served with in line at Minerva Lodge) and Ed Peters getting elected as the new Oriental Guide. Once the meeting was over I immediately went out to check the windshield wiper which I determined was just a loose bolt which I tightened and it started working again and the snow/freezing rain changed over to just rain. Things were looking up. I then took off for the Holy Royal Arch Knight Templar Priest meeting in Lima (This is an invitational organization in which only 33 active members can join each Tabernacle and I believe there are only 4 Tabernacles in Ohio). When I got there I learned that I was spared doing the part as the candidate was unable to attend (which I was somewhat worried about doing for while I had practiced for some time now I still wasn't sure about the actual performance). Things were really seeming to look up but then I noticed my friend Ted Korn, who was to be elected and installed as the presiding officer for this group, was not present. Where could he be...after all Ted is not known for his driving excellence. Then in came Ted ...just a few minutes late to be elected and installed. The best part was since we ended up with no candidate we were able to finish very early, have dinner early and be back on the road to get home hopefully before any of the roads froze over.

Ted Korn ... new Preceptor at dinner
 

No comments:

Post a Comment