Friday, February 6, 2015

Opening Night of the Circus

Tonight was the opening of the Circus and marked the beginning of a long weekend for the 3rd District collecting parking at the Shrine Circus. This is the single fund raiser we do for the Grand High Priest Fund and work all weekend on the activity. Each shift needs around 12-14 to cover and we have 5 shifts over the weekend. This year I was blessed with REC Greg Clatterbuck leading the efforts and as it turned out helping even more than he was aware. It seems after we were done collecting I took a bad fall and my knee swelled up twice the size it is supposed to be, me hand did as well and I could hardly move it and my upper right side took a very hard impact and was really sore. That being said I'm glad I wasn't hurt worse but I would have to call on Greg the rest of the weekend to pick up and deliver the money each show as walking steps was just too painful. I have planned to head over to help out with the Grotto Hospitality room tonight but had to go home to get ice packs to help reduce the swelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment