Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Lakewood Council #125 Inspection

Well tonight was my first trip north from my new work location and it should have been about 2 hours and 20 minutes but the weather turned bad around Mansfield and it turned out to be more like a 3 hour and 30 minute trip and I just made it in time for the Inspection to start. Despite the weather keeping several away and the Illustrious Master being under medication for a serious fall he took last week, they were able to pull off a good Royal Master Degree. Since they asked me to prompt for the evening as I entered the door, I didn't get a chance to take any pictures. (And once I was done I wanted to get on the road ASAP.) It was obvious when I left that the roads/highways were no better so I decided to fill up with gas and try to make it to the Mansfield which I did where I am staying the night. I am definitely glad I was working from Columbus since today it cut 2 hours off the drive up and probably was the difference between attending the Inspection and driving almost all the way up and turning around. Tomorrow will be nice as well since Mansfield is slightly closer to Dublin than my house so the ride to work in the morning will actually be a little closer. (I'm also very glad I keep my car stocked at all times in case I have to make an emergency overnight stay.)

No comments:

Post a Comment