Sunday, June 29, 2014

Working Dayton Dragons

Over the years one of the things I have pushed to all Masonic groups is they need to change the thought patterns that dues are the only source of income and method of fund raising. It is not just the increase in the cost of doing business that continues to climb but the new features that a building needs to have to stay relevant and useful. How many more now have elevators, WiFi, or Cable; something most didn't even consider (or it didn't exist) but is almost considered a necessity now in most facilities. In addition, with smaller memberships the amount of the overall bills each member is "responsible" for to help keep the buildings open increases. The same is true with the individual organizations to which the costs have to be passed along. Without a change in thought patterns we will cost ourselves out of business. With that in mind, I've tried to "put my money where my mouth is at" and help out a couple of groups as they work the Dayton Dragons games to make money. Last night was a long game with rain delays which caused us to have around an extra half hour to work, today more of the same extra hours to work. I will admit ... I'm kind of glad my next work day isn't for a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment