Sunday, June 8, 2014

Ohio Masonic Home Day

Today was the Ohio Masonic Home Day and parade. I arrive early in the morning for the groundbreaking dedication and we marched from the Linder Center to the site of the new building. While the skies did not look great, they seemed to be holding off after some hard showers for a few minutes. When the ceremony was almost done it again opened up and started to pour. Luckily we were under a tent and still it seemed okay. When the was finally done it cleared up and we went up for pictures. After pictures it again opened up and really stated to pour and it poured and it poured. Finally they decided to call of the parade after most were in attendance for the parade. They probably made a good decision though as considering it was still raining at parade time...no one would have probably been on the parade route anyways. Later I attended my nephews graduation and unfortunately we had to take my mother to the emergency room with some heart issues. I think she is okay but interestingly I saw Alan Blevins (who I served with as Presiding Officer in Scottish Rite) there who now lives in Florida but was back in town for some graduation parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment