Saturday, April 5, 2014

Grand Master's Class and MkM Degree

What a great day for Masonry in Ohio! Across the state we are positioned to have over 900 new Master Mason's and this year the Grand Master afforded Grand Chapter the opportunity to perform the Mark Master degree after the Master Mason. In addition, he requested the Peculiar Stone skit to be performed. For that Grand Chapter must say THANK YOU GRAND MASTER MWB Norman Mick! It did, however, provide some challenges and opportunities in accomplishing this task. First is the fact there are 25 Masonic District and only 19 Capitular Districts so we had to solved the issue of how can Grand Chapter cover every Masonic District. In addition, there were only probably one or maybe two functioning Peculiar Stone skit teams in the state. Well the District Deputies (along with the State Membership Committee and a few others) were charged with tackling this challenge and making it happen. They came through today (with a few hiccups of course) and so far we are nearing the 100 mark for new Mark Master's signed up and I still have over half the state to report. I was lucky to make the 2nd and 8th Masonic District event and was headed to the 3rd Masonic District but got a little sidetracked when a family issue came up I needed to deal with immediately. As a family, we have 5 cars. I have the one with the most miles (around 230K surprise!) we have a one ton van to pull our trailer (the oldest vehicle), one for my daughter Laura, one for Pam and one is her mother's which we also drive when we need a larger car. First the mother-in-laws car had the plastic protection cover under the engine break lose so that car can't be driven until it is fixed. Next my wife told me her car was having a strong odor of gasoline so I went over to see it and there was gas pouring out from under it so I decided towing was a better option than her driving it to get it fixed thus I needed to take her home (and thus missed the 3rd Masonic District I was headed to visit). Last, when my daughter got back to the school and went to drive her car home the check engine light came on and I found out it was very low on radiator fluid and probably should not be driven until filled. When I went to the store to get the special fluid needed they indicated it probably would not be in stock until Monday. Good thing my car (with the most miles) and the van (with the worst gas mileage and the oldest vehicle) are still running. Otherwise, it would be a long walk to Kent for the recon tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment