Friday, April 11, 2014

13th District Grand High Priest Reception

What a great day for a drive to Athens (Ohio of course!). The sun was out but it wasn't too hot, the wind was just a slight breeze and the roads were dry. The only thing I wish I had known was when I got to Athens to look for the signs in all the windows of the restaurants and bars announcing a local band concert as my niece who goes to OU in Athens designed all the signs. She is really talented and I was actually one of the first to use her for a project I did a few years back. Enough chatter and on to the reception. While the crowd was a little small do to some other events which were conflicting, the meal was great: prime rib. This is my favorite meal and I try to go to this reception every year as I know that will be what they serve and I wasn't disappointed. Grand Master of the 1st Veil Rob Carr (from the 13th District0 and of course our Grand High Priest Bob Thomas and Donna were in attendance. Assistant Grand Chaplain, Ray Sharritts was also present as he is now a member of this district though he grew up in Miamisburg which is also my home town. The night got over early so it allowed me to head north to Geneva near Cleveland for the events on Saturday (but who knew I would have to go to West Virgina first as the most direct route).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment