Monday, October 10, 2016

Robert Corey Funeral

Today, I attended the Masonic Services for Robert Corey. He was my Dad Advisor when I was in DeMolay and I was really surprised today how much his passing affected me. I always looked up to him and his wife Florence as they appeared to be the model couple you can only hope to be. Since I spent lots of time with him as a DeMolay from 14-21 and then for several years as an Advisor myself, that feeling of deep friendship has always continued with me. I realized at the service today that he reminded me of my own dad and his passing brought back up to me my dad who passed away almost 20 years ago. While I would have loved to have done a part in the service, I'm glad I didn't volunteer as I am sure I would not been able to get through it without breaking down during the service. Thanks Dad Corey for letting me always know that if I needed something you would always be there for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment