Sunday, September 7, 2014

Minerva Lodge Fund Raiser

The old thinking in Masonry of living within your income with your income just being dues is just that old thinking. No Masonic group can continue to live solely on their dues and still provide a nice place to meet and activities for the their membership. So as I have been suggesting to every body I belong, this weekend we participated in a Lodge fund raiser. Since I had been pushing this I felt I needed to "put my money where my mouth was" and helped them out as we parked cars at the Renaissance Festival in Harveysburg. It really wasn't that difficult of a job and the Lodge members turned out in force to make it happen. In addition, I think it helps to build a bond of fellowship and a sense of pride in helping out your Lodge. Everyone seemed to be willing to do it again in the future and in fact were talking about doing it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment