Saturday, January 25, 2014

Portage Chapter #202 Inspection



Luckily I planned to stay overnight in Kent after the Council Inspection last evening as they had at least 6 inches of snow and even the 15 mile drive to get to Barberton Chapter in the 17th District via the highway was slow. This is the home chapter for MEC Dale Ray, who was present as was PGC David Snyder and Past Prior Bill Straton. The DDGHP Rick Memmer has told me the night before that no matter what they would have the Inspection in the morning in the Royal Arch degree and they did with almsot 30 in attendance. They had several new persons in the degree cast for the morning which is an encouraging sign. Ths inspection moved right along which I was happy as my next event for the day was to be in Columbus at Mt. Vernon #1 Commandery Inspection. Unfortuantely, the bad weather slowed my travel but a stopped highway traffic for over an hour due to several semis being involved in an accident caused me to change my plans but I was able to make a stop by the hospital in Columbus to see my friend Tom Schoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment