Monday, March 18, 2013

Shrine Cabiri Meeting and DeMolay Organization Meeting

While neither of my meetings tonight directly involved Royal Arch Chapter, the topics in both meetings are of interest to the Grand Chapter.
Tonight the President of the Cabiri was out of town so I presided over the meeting. The Cabiri is a the Past Potentates association. We discussed several topics including the Great Lakes Shrine Association Meeting and Parade being held September 14th of this year. The Grand Chapter and members of Chapter are being asked to participate in the parade along with all the other Masonic groups including the Masonic Youth groups.
Afterwards, I headed north to Vandalia where I met with them on the possible formation of a new DeMolay Chapter. I am glad to report that we made some significant progress. (This is of particular interest to me not only as a former Executive Officer for Ohio DeMolay but as the Grand Chapter Youth Committee Chairman as well.) I'm hoping within a couple more months that we are able to train the Advisors (they decided on positions on the Council tonight), start meeting as a Chapter (they determined a meeting night) and holding prospect parties (they have 3 DeMolays from another Chapter who are trying to help them get started).

No comments:

Post a Comment