Monday, March 4, 2013

Not Exactly According to Plans

Well normally when I have activities planned I'm able to make at least half of them.... Over the past couple of days, I had two activities planned for Sunday and three planned for today. I found out of Saturday that Laura and their competitive Cheer Team had made the High School State Finals in Columbus yesterday. Since these type things don't come around every day, I felt I should be there. They did well and placed 2nd overall. So 0-2 on Sunday. Today, I was headed down to the Hi-12 meeting for lunch to start as one of the DDGHPs, REC Joe Fair is the President this year. But despite plans, my extended surgery time at the dentist this morning was strike 1 for activities today. Next, I was heading over to the viewing for Betty Klugh (her husband Frank is a Past Potentate) in Trotwood and then to Brookville for their Inspection. Well, I almost made it to Trotwood when smoke started coming from the front tire of my car. I got out and checked it out and it appeared the brakes were sticking on or had broken. I looked to find out I was less than a mile from the funeral home so I decided to "limp" over to the funeral home with the car. I then decided I needed to try to address the problem with the car right away as I didn't want to be stranded in Trotwood after dark as the neighborhood I was in was not the best. Luckily, I was able to pump the brakes a few times and it seemed to "unstick" the brakes and I got back home by avoiding the usage of the brakes as much as possible and also by keeping my speed down as far as possible while still obeying all laws. So much for plans over the past couple of days ....1 for 5 not too good an average and I'm not sure how much affect the weather will have over the next couple of days. Guess we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment