Sunday, March 10, 2013

SEM Practice

Today was an easier day as we had a practice for the SEM degree (even though it is a larger part, I've been doing my part now for 27 years so if I don't know it by now I'll never know it!) which is our Inspection degree this coming Friday. We did, however, hear the sad news that George Goad, Steve Goad's father, who for many years assisted in this degree, passed away yesterday afternoon. The services are being held this coming Tuesday. I've known George for nearly 30 years and I know when he was younger he was an Advisor for the Farmersville DeMolay Chapter. George was well liked and just this past Grand Chapter session received the Earl C. Gifford Award for the outstanding service he had given over his lifetime to Masonry and the Community.

No comments:

Post a Comment