Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Special York Rite Meeting

My day started this morning headed to the Shrine for a Greeters Meeting which I found out when I got there was cancelled. I then went to work at the USO volunteering when I figured out I left my badge and ID to get on the base in my car in Knoxville. (Luckily the Center lead was able to help me with this issue) I was then going to do a volunteer Hospice Visit and figured out that ID was also in my car. The only good news for a major part of the day was they determined the main problem for my car and sent it out to be fixed. Unfortunately, they indicated there may also be a second issue which they won’t know for sure about until they fix the first issue. I then headed down to Wilmington where they discussed the fate of their York Rite. The main core of leaders and ritualistically showed up but unfortunately that was all that showed up. They ended up split on the merge or try some different ideas but did agree they need to be ready to make a recommendation come September. They have seven super dedicated guys for all the York Rite and about 3 others who would be there as well but are working an insane number of hours right now. I could feel their love for all the York Rite but also their desperation on being “burned out” as almost all have served each body multiple times as the presiding officer.

No comments:

Post a Comment