Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Star Chapter Stated Meeting

Tonight I travelled up to Mechanicsburg and started off with a visit to my friend Tom Schoff. Tom was Potentate of Antioch in 2010 while I was serving on the Divan line. He has had many health issues and can't leave the house at this time except for doctors appointments. He is in fairly good spirits and although full time on oxygen can carry on a conversation as normal. It was really a nice visit with him and his wife Collette. I then headed down to the temple which is right down the street. It was their stated Chapter meeting night but unfortunately they did not have a sufficient number to meet. We fellowshipped for a while and I headed back home. The skies turned very dark and I started getting notices for tornado warnings. I called Pam and she indicated a touchdown had happened at the next exit to where I was headed so I quickly got off the highway and watched for it to pass. Afterwards I headed the rest of the way home as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment