Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Interesting Day

This year I decided that I was going to start several volunteer activities. I wanted to do one with the Veterans so I'm assisting at the Wright Patterson USO office which is really nice as you get to interact with lots of young men and women (many under 25) who are serving so we can continue to enjoy are freedoms in when it means potential harm to them. I wanted to help out those in situations which they needed some assistance so I applied to volunteer at Hospice to take patients to appointments and provide their caregivers with some relief while I would visit with them. I finally passed all the inspections and tests and start on my assignments this week,  In addition, I decided I wanted to be active in improving the community and since a good friend of mine was just appointed to Township Trustee where I live, I gave him a call and he was able to suggest a community group set up to assist Miami Township and its' residents which I am checking into going to assist them. I've also been trying to assist with my Grandma, who is in a nursing home, but needs help with everything she does. These where all things I wanted to do when I retired and now am getting the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment