Monday, April 17, 2017

Valley Commandery Stated

Tonight was the meeting for my Commandery and since we had no degree work to be done we spent some time discussing the future of the Commandery. Since we are down to 85 members with the costs to Grand Encampment and Grand Commandery along with the temple rent, it is making it such that we either raise dues or consider merging. Presenally, I really don't want to merge since will still have some progressing officers but to be truthful the Grand Encampment dues are killing us. We also usually have around 15-20 present at every meeting. The problem with raising dues is that as a member I'm already paying more in this group than almost every other one I belong. I can't imagine that most Commanderies are not in the same position. 

No comments:

Post a Comment