Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Busy Day

The day started out with a trip to the Wright Patterson Airforce base where I signed up to be a volunteer for the USO of southwest and central Ohio. They just started a branch on the base around a year ago and are trying to get enough volunteers to staff it almost 24/7. They have many airman who live on the base with very young families and this especially provides a place for them to relax and help them out a little. I got my base pass and initial training and now have some follow up to review to start the volunteer service for them.
After this I headed down to UD arena, where the Shrine Circus will be held next month, to discuss any changes for this year and coordinate what is needed for the parking lot assignment. Collecting the parking fee is my fund raiser for Grand Chapter expenses and is now also helping to fund extra events in our district. To me this is a win-win for us and the Shrine as they need all of their folks to be working inside ushering and doing other necessary jobs.
I then left straight from this meeting and headed up to my Chapter Region this year to attend a stated meeting for Wapakoneta Chapter. To my great surprise, REC Ross Black, our Grand Scribe, was also present. It was nice to just be able to help them out a little with the opening by filling in for a couple of folks who could not make it and then after a short but productive meeting spend some time fellowshiping with them. While I didn't make it home in time for the news, I was able to make it to bed shortly after it finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment