Thursday, March 10, 2016

Palmyra Chapter #235 Inspecton

Well it may seem like I feel off the face of the earth since I usually post every couple of days but this past weekend we headed to Detroit for the Horizon League Men's Basketball Tournament. Laura, our daughter, was performing at the Wright State games (and according to several persons she was on ESPN) and they were lucky enough to make it all the way to the finals before losing. Since we have been going to most of the games over the past couple of years, we have gotten to meet many of the players and since I love all sports, I was glad to be at the tourney. And actually to my surprise I loved how they have changed some of Detroit (I was last there around 10 years ago and you really never felt safe anywhere in Detroit at that time). In addition to the games, we went to several very good restaurants and working from the hotel during the day was great. But now on to the Inspection in Brookville this evening. We were pleased to be able to greet the Grand High Priest, MEC Robert Blankenhorn, at the Inspection with two of his traveling partners. MEC George Shell and MEC Steve Duncan were also present.  They had one candidate who received his Mark Master Degree. As they kept the meeting moving we were able to get out at a decent time and despite the wet conditions, I think everyone had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment