Monday, April 27, 2015

Sometimes a Higher Power Changes Plans

Today I intended to attend Garfield's Chapter Inspection but late in the afternoon the technical team was able tell me that my work laptop had a major issue and they would need to "clean" all information off the system to make it useable again. Since I have years of information I need, I quickly looked to the backup to ensure it was working. To my surprise it didn't appear that it has been working (though it had indicated it had) as expected. While not happy, I decided I needed to head home from work to start working on getting a good work PC backup before the reimage. On the way home I decided that I would just go to the Past Potentate's (Cabiri) Meeting and then start on the backup. When I got home I received somewhat good news that they may have a newer PC at work in which I could get and directly transfer from the old PC any data. Once I got home from that Cabiri meeting, I started doing a couple things around the house that had to get done last night and got a call from my sister that they had to rush my mother into the hospital. Needless to say I immediately headed to the hospital and have been there the rest of the evening. Had it not been for the work situation changing my plans at the last minute, I would have been 2+ hours away from here. FYI... they are keeping mom overnight for observations but to this point have found nothing serious other than they still can't determine why she is passing out unexpectedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment