Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Viewing for John Weyrauch

Tonight I went to the viewing for John Weyrauch who was a KYCH, was Secretary of many Lodges, Chapters, Councils, Commanderies and other Masonic bodies often being Secretary of more than one local in each body at a time. (At one time I know he was Secretary for at least 4/5 Lodges, 2 Commanderies, a Council and 2 Chapters. John was also the Commander of Valley Commandery right prior to me and when my Generalissimo dropped out on the night of elections, he served a second time right after me. I believe he was the first repeat Commander at our Commandery (and this was out of a definite necessity). John was a unique individual who always was working crossword puzzles as he had a problem with narcolepsy and by keeping his mind active at all times it kept this problem at bay most of the time. The funniest moment though for John had to be the year he was Standard Bearer for us in the drill. The Drill Captain called for John who was in the west holding the flag and John did not respond...and why because he was sound asleep standing holding the flag. Another hard working Mason who has left us.

No comments:

Post a Comment