Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Passing of Joe Worthington PGHP

I knew Joe Worthington probably longer than most other persons in Masonry who I have known. I first met Joe way back when I was an active DeMolay and he was an advisor for CR Wilson DeMolay in Ada Ohio around 35 years ago. Joe always left an impression on anyone who met him as Joe wouldn't let anything slow him down. He was going to have a good time at whatever he did. He ultimately became and Active Member of DeMolay International and become and Emeritus member while I was Executive Officer for Ohio. I travelled north a couple of times to an outdoor initiation his District did while he was going through Grand Chapter Line. I also remember the special jewel he passed out at his Grand Chapter session and really wanted and intended to be there but unfortunately my Grandfather had a bad stroke and I stayed with him at the hospital until he passed away so I didn't make Joe's Grand Chapter session (probably the only one I have missed since joining Chapter). I would have really loved to be able to say one last good bye to Joe this evening coming up but unfortunately work is standing in the way as I have a mandatory meeting with upper management and the customer to attend for a project I am leading and the project is to be implemented this week. So I guess I'll say the last good-bye here...to a fun loving guy who loved DeMolay, loved Chapter but I think most of all just loved life and getting to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment