Thursday, October 3, 2013

Grotto, Commandery Drill and Scottish Rite Practice

While the last three days have not been consumed with Chapter activities, I have been busy with other Masonic duties. Tuesday, I attended the Grotto stated meeting and was happy to see the Grand Junior Deacon in attendance and the best part was he helped us out with the work for the evening. In addition I was able to meet with our Chapter District President and talk about the upcoming year and some activities we are planning. Wednesday I went for our final Commandery Drill practice prior to the actual competition. While I haven't had the time to compete for over 10 years, I made the mistake of saying I was going to start helping out my Commandery more.... Next thing you know my name appeared on the team list. Thankfully things haven't changed much on the drill but I still have difficulty remembering my left from right. Tonight was Scottish Rite 5th Degree practice and as the Director it was a real challenge as we basically have any entire new cast. After the practice tonight, I can say we don't have to worry about peaking too soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment