Saturday, October 19, 2013

Grand Lodge Weekend and other items...


Rufus Putnam Receipient

New Grand Master being installed

Well I've been in Akron over the past couple of days attending Grand Lodge and the trip north was not without excitement. First I had to delay leaving due to 5th degree practice being held on Thursday evening and since I'm the degree director thought it would be nice for me to attend. I was very pleased with the progress being made with an all new cast for the degree. So I got up Friday morning at 2:30 to start the long haul to Akron. Needless to say much caffeine would be part of a long day. It was fairly uneventful until I got just south of Mansfield when I had to think quick and make a couple split second decisions. As I was driving up the highway and in the middle land with two semis on either side and a car behind me I noticed in my lane a dead deer laying on the road which had obliviously been hit by a semi. I had to make a decision and fairly much the only one I could, run over it at the least point of impact. After striking it at first I thought it was noisy but not too bad. So I was finely able to get over to the side and exit to assess any damage. Well it appears it went under on the passenger side and other than tearing up some plastic parts, hopefully that will be it. (I guess I'll see when I have it looked at but driving the car was not an issue so I headed on in to Grand Lodge). Everything seemed to go fairly smooth and I was able to fit in a trip over to Ali Baba Grooto in Warren Friday evening. I was happy to be able to attend (along with Pam) the new Grand Maseter Norm Mick's installation.







No comments:

Post a Comment