Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Headed off to Cincinnati

Tonight I went down to the Cincinnati area for the Oola Khan Grotto meeting but also to do some Chapter business. You see we have had such a great response at the Grand Masters Class, that we ran out of the packages to pass out for the event. I happened to find around 30 more packages from the Dayton event so I took them to Cincinnati for them to use on May 11th. Attending the Grotto meeting also gave me an opportunity to talk about Chapter as two of their members had been Past High Priests (between them they had served around 10 times) so when I mentioned my position in Grand Chapter, both of the Past High Priests immediately ask who was not a member of Chapter and then they started to see if they could get them to join. It again proved my point why it is good to go to non-Chapter events because just attending Chapter functions is probably not going to lead to finding many new people to talk to about joining the Chapter. Another point is the Grand High Priest, MEC Don Owens, is a member of Willis-Mariemont Chapter which also meets in the same building as the Grotto. By my attendance it gave them a reason to talk about the Grand High Priest and be proud members of the same Chapter as the Grand High Priest.

No comments:

Post a Comment