Friday, May 10, 2013

Grand High Preist Reception Youngstown

Well, tonight I went to the Grand High Priest Reception in the 19th District in Youngstown. With this visit, I would have made every Capitular District this year. I will admit with the trip up, I wasn't sure I would make it. I left an hour and a half early so I could leisurely make the trip and make a couple of stops. It rained and it rained to I decided to eliminate the stops and keep driving. Then the traffic stopped and we waited and we waited. Finally it started up and while I was waiting I looked for alternative routes. According to the Internet, they were in even worse shape so I decided this was the route I had to take. For more than an hour I never went over 20 miles per hour. I determined that I was going to be late. How could this be 6 hours for a 4 hour trip! It was then I decided....it wasn't about being there on time but rather the challenge...I would make it! Finally I arrived and while I figured I would miss dinner completely, apparently the Grand High Priest was in the same traffic and had just arrived before me. So I sat down with my long time friend Tim Flack (we were State Officers in DeMolay together) and had a nice dinner. I decided that I needed a break so for the rest of the weekend, I would be working at home and trying to replace the VW Bug Laura had as the insurance declared it totalled...what a bummer for her and she didn't even have anything to do with the accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment