Thursday, April 25, 2013

Breaking From The Plan

Sometimes something comes up which warrants you breaking from the planned schedule. Tonight was one of those nights. While I planned to attend Salem's Chapter Inspection, I went to the viewing for a very good friend and Mason, Rob Kopp. I've known and travelled with Rob to various Lodge events for 20+ years. Rob and I joined the Scottish Rite line together and served 10 years together as officers in Scottish Rite with the final two as presiding officers at the same time.(I was Thrice Potent Master and he was Sovereign Prince). We also received our 33rd together. We got along so well and I respected him and his wife so much that last year when I was Potentate I asked them to serve as Aides for the year which they willingly accepted. Rob never asked for anything but was willing to do whatever it took to get the job done. He was a great ritualist and performed the Lecture for years for the Shrine Past Masters Club when they went out to perform the Master Mason Degree. He donated much of his time in the spring to helping folks less fortunate with their tax return preparations. But most of all, Rob was a good friend... so long Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment