Tuesday, October 10, 2017

What a Great Experince Today

As many know, I volunteer at the USO at Wright Patterson Air Force Base. Today I had the experience to get to meet a survivor from the Pearl Harbor invasion which began our involvement in WWII. At 94, he is still in good health and has a very good memory. I was able to sit and have a personal conversation with him for about 1/2 an hour. While we talked some about that day, he really wanted to talk military in general which we did and while I never actually served in the military, he also enjoyed some of the stories I've heard throughout the years about others who also were in WWII as well as some of his own stories. I could have spent hours it was so interesting listening to his stories but decided I should give some others a chance as well.  Anyone who thinks older folks are boring hasn't taken the opportunity to talk with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment