Monday, December 28, 2015

Masonic Funeral

Thankfully I had no planned Chapter events this past week as we were so busy with non-Masonic activities and dealing with some health issues that I've had no time for anything this past week. Tonight I decided this needed to change as a long time member of my Lodge passed away. George Heinz was a 62 year member and had received almost twice as many craft club points as the second place person in our Lodge. During my year in 1992 as Worshipful Master I decided we were going to call all 700+ members of the Lodge to check on how thy were doing. George had just retired from the phone company and volunteered to get us a list of all phone numbers for every member of the lodge including unlisted. He also would call all the unlisted and long distance (this was before free long distance calling). About a month and a half later he came to me and said he was done. I asked about the list of the local listed numbers and he responded ... I called ALL 700+ members already and proceeded to give us updates on members needing more attention. Up until his health started failing a few years back, he never missed a funeral service, meeting or degree work. He also put in countless hours working around the temple. George was a great member of our Lodge and will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment