Friday, June 17, 2016

Long Day

Today was a long day and although it had no Masonic activities, I thought I would mention it here as it was a significant day.  It started around 4 AM with some things I needed to do for work before heading over around 7 AM for the final auction day for my mom's house contents and the house itself. While it should mean I have much more time to again start visiting more places for Masonic meetings, it was also a bittersweet feeling. While I haven't lived here for over 30 years, I did live here growing up my entire life and most of the items sold today were things from my childhood. It was also the first time in forever that I've seen rooms completely empty in the house. As we brought out the stuff to sell, there was the huge movie camera that was in what looked like an over sized suitcase which when dad got he then thought he was a movie producer and took everywhere taking movies. There was a huge rooster cutout made of wood which mom covered with various colors of seeds to fill in the areas to make it appear to be a rooster which were popular in the 60's. There were numerous coolers which we used on camping outing we made almost every weekend to local campgrounds in truck camper which dad made himself. The coolers were filled with dry ice to keep the food cooled down for the weekend. There where my sisters Barbie's which I would used my GI Joe's aircraft carrier to shoot down her Barbie dolls. I even saw the unopened full set of John Wayne movies which I gave dad just before he passed away and had not had a chance to watch. You can sell all the "things" which helped to create those memories and even the house where they happened but nothing can erase when a good memory is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment