Friday, September 11, 2015

Special Olympics Fund Raiser

Tonight Alpha Lodge had a special fund raiser for Special Olympics and since our 2VP for our Chapter District, Alf Butler, was largely involved in the efforts I made sure I was able to stop by to support him and the Lodge. Several members of my Lodge also attended and the Zombie dog truck was the main attraction. They serve very unique flavors of hot dogs. I also saw someone who I used to work with who I haven't talked with in around 15 years at the event. I then had intended to head by the funeral home for the viewing of Past Recorder Emeritus and Past Treasurer Emeritus Jimmie Mitchell. Unfortunately, between two unexpected trips to the garage to fix car problems after I left the Special Olympics  event it left me with no time to stop by the funeral home and since one emergency was with Laura's car I couldn't leave her stranded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment