Saturday, August 1, 2015

Collecting For Shrine Hospitals

Today I spent a couple of hours collecting donations for the Shrine Hospitals. Each year I actually look forward to this opportunity since I know all the good the money collected can do for the hospitals as every dime goes directly to helping out the kids. The best part is the stories I hear from people donating who had someone in their lives who had been helped at a Shrine Hospitals. One of the best stories came a few years back from a lady who came by on every shift and donated. On the final shift, she said "you probably recognize me don't you". I said yes,  "I've notice you have come by and made a very nice donation every shift". She then proceeded to tell me she had 3 kids who got caught in a fire some years back and the prognosis was that they would not make it but the children's hospital they were sent to said try Shriner's Hospitals burn unit as they have a better treatment setup than they did for this type of injury. All three kids not only made it but after many surgeries are almost at the point you can't even tell they were a burn patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment