Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Veterans Program

While I usually reserve my daily information to items which are Masonic, every once in a while something outside the Masonic organization happens which I am involved with which I think would be of benefit to the Chapter to consider. Last night I participated in a Veterans Program honoring the Flag of the United States. As I read through the information on the U.S. Flag and the many conflict/wars our military has fought  in to defend our rights and that flag, I could see from each of the Veterans from the VA Center how proud they were to have been able to serve the country to defend  my rights to meet and assemble. After the presentation they all came by and thanked me for recognizing what they had done for the country and how proud they were to be an American. Taking a few minutes to recognize those who have put their life on the line so I could do what I wanted is something all of us should do on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment