Monday, July 11, 2016

Back From Imperial

Well it turned out to be some interesting times over the past week or so; first instead of leaving on July 1, we had to wait until Saturday the 2nd as I was working all night on the 1st for work getting stuff ready to send out and finished around 5AM Saturday morning after pulling a 24+hr day.  I went in to sleep for a while and then we left for Atlanta. We got there after dinner time on the 2nd and stayed overnight so we could head to Tampa on the 3rd. We just arrived into Tampa on-time for the Antioch dinner on Sunday evening. While I was fairly tired from all the rushing around I had a little more that had come up for work which had to be done. I worked on it most of the night and decided I was going to go over and register (which I did) but was ready to fall asleep so I went back and crashed at the hotel. We went to the parade on the 4th and Tuesday I got up to attend the sessions, and while I usually don't get massive head-aches, on that day I did. I had to take some medicine and lay back down and I really didn't get feeling better until Tuesday afternoon. Finally I was somewhat recovered from the travel and work Tuesday afternoon but we were leaving out on Wednesday for a side trip on the way home. We went for a couple days to Helen Georgia (similar to Frankenmuth Michigan for those who have been there only smaller) which is a Bavarian village set-up. We met Laura and her boyfriend there and had some German food and spent until Friday there when we went over to Gatlinburg for the weekend. We went to a minor league baseball game and attended the new Dolly Parton Lumberjack show. On Sunday, we headed back so I could get home to start back up the normal grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment