Thursday, March 12, 2015

Minerva Lodge PM Night

Tonight was Past Master's night at my lodge and I was actually able to attend this evening. In addition, the Past Master's were doing the Master Mason Degree on one candidate. While luckily they had all parts covered, I was able to attend and watch a new member join our Lodge. We had around 15-20 Past Masters present and a total of around 40 members and two visitors (who are considering to become dual members). The best part was that while they did good work, they had some fun and I think really made the candidate and visitors (along with one new dual member tonight) feel like we are all part of a big family. I was also excited to see the attention given to the newer members with each being assigned a mentor to tell him why certain things were happening when they had questions. We also took care of around 10 members who are well over 80 and over 50 year members who are having some financial issues. In all, I came home really felling proud to be a member of Minerva Lodge and even bought a new Minerva Lodge Polo shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment